The global B2B trade show market has rebounded considerably this year, after two years of less than lackluster attendance or outright cancellation due to the global pandemic. While you may be thrilled at the thought of resuming your trade show displays, and contact with potential new clients, there are some things that have changed over the last few years.
One of the most important changes in the last 10 years has been the rise of environmental consciousness on the part of businesses. In the past, your business could afford to give all kinds of things away at a trade show without worrying about the environmental impact. However, the impact of single-use plastics on the environment has raised concerns about sustainability. You want your business to be environmentally conscious, both in your trade show booths and your trade show giveaways. If you’re at a loss for what kind of products you want to give away at your next trade show, here are some of the best eco-friendly trade show giveaways.
Seven Amazing Trade Show Eco-Friendly Giveaways
- Plants–one of the most environmentally forward giveaways is to give plants. Plants can fill all kinds of earth-friendly spaces for your customers. First, many people love to have plants on their desks. Even a small plant in a pot with your company’s name on it can serve as a constant reminder of your business to potential customers. Second, plants help the office environment by sucking up carbon dioxide and putting out clean oxygen. People also love plants in the office because they promote restfulness and tranquility–and what potential customer doesn’t need that? Sow and grow kits, which come in environmentally sustainable packaging, have become extremely popular. Plus, they are easy to pack up for a trade show to give away.
- Eco-friendly sweet treats–Your business can’t go wrong if you offer sweets as a giveaway. However, you have to make sure that the sweets you give away are in sustainable packaging rather than single-use packaging. Several candy companies offer compostable packaging, for example. There are also companies that sell candy in packaging that can be used for other purposes, such as linen bags that can be used and reused. You may also be able to find a candy confectioner that has packaging made from recycled materials. With a little searching, you’ll be able to offer sweets sustainably.
- Travel cutlery–This is becoming a go-to option for businesses who want to explore those eco-friendly giveaways. As more and more restaurants, especially fast-food restaurants, opt out of single-use plastic, people are increasingly carrying their own cutlery. Many businesses are opting to give away cutlery in sacks branded with the company name. If you are in a food, hospitality, hotel, or other food-related business, giving away recycled travel cutlery that your customers could use for years is very appealing. You could pair the cutlery with a small food item as well. If your business isn’t food-related, the travel cutlery idea may not be best for you.
- Seeded items–seeded items are becoming increasingly popular. If you aren’t sure what seeded items are, here are some examples. One of the trendiest items companies have been using for giveaways recently has been giving potential clients a large brown paper bag, often with handles, branded with the company logo. Your clients could use the bags during the trade show to carry around other giveaway items, notebooks, flyers, or brochures. After the trade show is over, attendees can use the paper bag as a starter kit for plants, either in the office, at their own business, or at their homes, because the paper bags come with seeds and is entirely biodegradable. You can opt for wildflower seeds, grass seeds, or other plant seeds. Another seeded option is to place seed sticks in your giveaway bag as part of your treats. The potential clients can use the seed sticks to start new plants in the office.
- Beeswax wraps with your company logo or brand on them–Beeswax wraps are one of the latest trends in sustainable packaging. You can give away beeswax wraps with your company logo in several sizes, and potential customers can use them to wrap leftovers in. Sandwich-sized wraps are very popular with clients. Because you can use beeswax wraps repeatedly, your potential customers can see your brand name over and over again. Also, beeswax is biodegradable and compostable, so when it wears out, it can be tossed in a compost pile.
- Solar-powered chargers–these are an amazing way to get your company brand or logo out in the public eye. Solar-powered chargers are great in case of emergencies, and customers love to throw one in an emergency kit, backpack, or in with their camping gear. They’re also perfect to keep in a car or company truck as well. Best of all, solar-powered chargers are completely eco-friendly. Not only will your prepper customers love this, but the outdoorsy people will love this as well.
- Glass water bottle with wooden lid–There has been a lot of discussion about the issues surrounding water bottles. First, plastic water bottles, especially single-use plastic water bottles, are a huge no-no for businesses because they take forever to break down in the environment. Microplastics have appeared on every continent, including Antarctica, and scientists know these microplastics cause illness and death in animals. Companies took the hint and began to offer their brand on plastic reusable bottles, but this is also not the greatest idea for the environment. To really be environmentally conscious, think about offering glass water bottles with wooden lids as your eco-friendly giveaway. Glass is recyclable, and wood is compostable.
No matter what giveaway you want to give to your potential customers, be sure that your giveaway reflects your company’s mission, vision, and brand. You may want to ask your employees for their input, especially those employees who are environmentally conscious. That way, you’ll be going into your next trade show with your sales figures, new customers, and the environment in mind.